1 – PERSONAL INFORMATION
When you purchase something from our online store, as part of the buying and selling process, we collect the personal information. The online store uses WooCommerce and a general overview of the site and data security can be found under https://docs.woocommerce.com/document/woocommerce-security-faq/#.
The personal information retained by WooCommerce is as follows;
- Details of the products you order and when
- Details of your name, address, and phone number provider by the customer
- Details of billing and shipping address
- Details of the payment method used
Customer credit card and security codes are never stored on the website. The payment gateway gives the sensitive information directly to the payment processor.
2 – HOW WILL WE COLLECT YOUR INFORMATION?
We may collect your personal information through some of the following ways:
- When you register or use melt
- When you contact us by telephone or email.
- When completing any forms for transactional, employment or other purposes.
3 – WHAT WILL WE DO WITH YOUR INFORMATION?
We will treat all your personal information as private and confidential (although we reserve the right to disclose this information in certain circumstances, as set out below).
We confirm that any personal information which you provide to us will be held securely and in accordance with Swiss law. We will use and process your personal information in accordance with the Swiss law. The types of uses we will make of your personal information shall include the following:
- Process any orders that you make via melt-jewellery.com (please note that your details may need to be passed to a third party in order for them to supply or deliver the product or service that you ordered and we may retain your details for a reasonable period of time after you have completed the transaction in order to fulfil any contractual obligations such as refunds, guarantees etc).
- Process payments and prevent fraudulent transactions (we may retain your details for these purposes for a reasonable period of time and we may pass your details to a third party to carry out these functions).
- With your consent, retain your personal information, preferences and details of your transactions in order to keep you informed by email, post, mobile messaging, telephone and/or through other digital means including social media platforms, about products and services (including special offers, discounts, promotions, events, competitions and so on) offered by melt, as well as recommending those which we feel will be of particular interest to you.
- Register you on melt-jewellery.com where this involves setting you up with an account, we will use your personal information to maintain and update your account (e.g. such as a change of address or change in your push notification preferences).
- Improve the content and appearance of melt to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you.
- Carry out assessment and analysis (for example market, customer and product analysis) to enable us to review, develop and improve the products or services which we offer.
- Enforce or apply our terms and conditions and other agreements; or to protect the rights, property, or safety of melt, our customers or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
- You should be aware that if we are requested by the police or any other regulatory or government authority investigating suspected illegal activities to provide your personal information or any other information we obtain about you, we are entitled do so.
- We will not keep your personal information processed by us for any purpose or purposes for longer than is necessary for that purpose or for those purposes. Under data protection legislation you have the right to access information held about you.
If at any point you no longer wish us to hold your personal information or you do not wish to receive information from us then you may withdraw your consent for us to contact you, for the continued collection, use or disclosure of your information, at any time, by contacting us at email@example.com. or using the form below:
melt-jewellery.com may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and melt does not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal details to these websites.
A cookie is a small file stored on your computer. It lets us recognise you if you come back to this Website using the same computer and browser. Cookies help us to improve the quality of our Website by letting us monitor which pages you find useful.
- Language and country
- Session log-in
- Browser settings
- Useful information on our Website
By remembering your preferences, we can avoid having to ask you which country you are each time you visit our Website. We will know the settings of the computer you are using and will be able to offer you a better browsing experience. The data we collect about your movements on our Website and how you use it are statistical and not personal.
Some cookies relate to our online store and commercial transactions through WooCommerce.
The first two cookies contain information about the cart as a whole and helps WooCommerce know when the cart data changes. The final cookie (wp_woocommerce_session_) contains a unique code for each customer so that it knows where to find the cart data in the database for each customer. No personal information is stored within these cookies. use WooCommerce cookies to remember your preferences:
Some cookies are provided by third parties, including Google, Facebook, Instagram
Most browsers will let you change your browser settings to stop them from accepting cookies, or to delete cookies from your computer. A lot of browsers will let you activate a private mode, where cookies are always deleted after your visit. Depending on your browser, this private mode may have different names. Below is a list of the most common browsers and the different names for this private mode:
Internet Explorer 8 and above: InPrivate
Firefox 3.5 and above: Private Browsing
Google Chrome 10 and above: Incognito
Safari 2 and above: Private Browsing
Please read the help section of your browser carefully to learn more about how to activate its private mode. You can keep visiting our Website even if your browser is in private mode, but your browsing experience may not be optimal and some features may not work.
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.